Father’s Day is only a few weeks away – so why not make this year the year you plan well ahead and organise something really special for the number one Dad in your household. A fingerprint, a handprint, a doodle, a signature – chose one and we will cast it in silver for the ultimate personalised gift. Take a look at the photos on our product pages for some inspiration. Whatever his personality you will find something to complement it.
Our gifts take time to make because they are individually crafted so place your order in plenty of time. As an incentive we will give you a 15% discount if you order from us by Fri 23rd May. Just use the code FB2014 at the checkout.
To complete the day – and to give the kids a chance to create something themselves – why not make some special Dad’s Rocky Road biscuits. There is no baking, only a few basic ingredients and the kids can have great fun bashing up the digestive biscuits and choosing Dad’s favourite treat to add to the mixture. Here is our recipe:
200g Chocolate (milk or dark – your choice)
2-3 tbsp golden syrup
135g butter or margarine
200g Digestive biscuits (or chose your own plain variety)
100g Mini marshmallows
Icing sugar to dust
A handful of Daddy’s favourite treats – nuts or any dried fruit work well
- 1. Line a small to medium sized square baking tray with baking paper.
- 2. Place biscuits into a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin. You want reasonably sized pieces – not dust!
- 3. In a large sauce pan melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat until the chocolate is smooth and all the ingredients are combined. Keep stirring all the time
- 4. Take the biscuits, marshmallows and any additional delicious ingredients and pour into the chocolate mixture. Stir until everything is combined.
- 5. Tip the mixture into the lined baking tray and spread the mixture out to the corners.
- 6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours then dust with icing sugar and cut into pieces – the size is completely up to you!